Courses offered and eligibility for admission.
The courses are sanctioned by the Government of Kerala and provisionallyaffiliated to Mahatma Ganchi University, Kottayam.From 2009 admission onwards the Degree courses are under CBCSS (ChoiceBased Course Credit Semester System)
1. Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA)- Sanctioned strength – 60
Candidates shall be required to have passed the plus Two/equivalent examination in science stream with Mathematics/Computer Science/Informatics Practices as optional.
2. B.Sc. Computer Science Model III-Sanctioned strength – 60
Candidates shall be required to have passed the plus Two/equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
3. B.Sc. Mathematics Model II (Vocational : Computer Science)-Sanctioned strength – 60
Candidates shall be required to have passed plus Two/equivalent examination with Mathematics as one of the optional Subjects or Mathematics as one of the subjects in commerce group.
4. B.Sc. Electronics Model III-Sanctioned strength-30
Candidates shall be required to have passed plus Two/equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
5. B.Com. Model II-Sanctioned strength – 160
A. Model II (Vocational : Computer applications)-110
B. Model II (Vocational : Finance & Taxation)-50
Admission to the B.Com Degree Programme shall be open only to candidates who have passed the Plus Two or equivalent examination recognized by this university with Book-Keeping and Accountancy and any two of the following
(1) Commerce (2) Commercial Correspondence and Commercial Geography (3) Economics (4) Life Insurance with Salesmanship (5) Banking with Secretarial Practice (6) Business Studies (7) Mathematics (8) Computer Science/Computer application (9) Informatics Practice & Management, (10) informatics Practice, (11) Management, (12) Accountancy as optional under part III of the Examination.
Have passed plus Two or equivalent examination recognized by this university with other subjests under part III optional subjects provided they have secured 45% of the aggregate marks.
6. BA English Language and Literature Model I-Sactioned strength – 24
Admission to all BA Degree programme under the faculties of Language & Literature, Fine Arts and Social Science shall be open only to candidates who have passed Plus Two or equivalent examination or an examination recognized by this university as equivalent thereto.
7. M.Sc. Computer Science – Sanctioned strength – 22
Graduation in Computer Applications (BCA) or B.Sc. Degree with Mathematics/Computer science/Electronics/IT as one of the subjects with not less than CGPA of 2.00 out of 4 in core group
General admission Guidelines
- 50% of the total seats shall be filled by the management from among the applicants of their choice provided they satisfy the eligibility conditions. The remaining 50% shall be filled by the University through the Centralized Allotment Programme.
- The applicants should register their names by remitting the registration fees, which will be fixed by the college authorities at the beginning of every academic year. The registration fee is not refundable. The application form and prospectus will be issued only on payment of the registration fee.
- The filled up application forms should reach the college within the time and date stipulated by the University. Self attested copies of S.S.L.C. and the mark lists of the qualifying examinations should be attached to the application form.
- The candidates who are selected for admission as per rules will have to appear for an interview with the following documents in original;-
A) Transfer Certificate
B) Course and conduct certificate
C) S.S.L.C., +2 copies
D) Original mark lists of the qualifying examination, +2 copies
E) Eligibility certificate from M.G. University (for students who have passed qualifying examination from boards outside Kerala).
F) Pass certificate for U.G. admission and Degree certificate for P.G.admission.
G) Migration certificate (in the case of graduates from other Universities)
H) Caste & Income certificate (for students belonging to S.C., S.T. and O.E.C.& S.E.B.C)
I) Three passport size photographs.
- The Principal has the authority to deny or cancel the admission of a candidate whose character and conduct are found not to be satisfactory.
Candidates seeking admission under management quota should apply in theprescribed form available on payment of Rs.100/-.
The fees that are to be remitted by the students at the beginning of each semester will be fixed by the college authorities on the basis of the rules and regulations stipulated by the Government and the University.
- Every student shall pay the first installment of fees at the time of admission.
- Other installments of fees are to be paid at the beginning of each semester.
- Receipts signed by the Accountant will be issued on realization of all kinds of fees and other dues.
- Fees once paid will not be refunded.